From today, the Council has set up a scheme to help with food costs for families who are facing additional financial challenges due to the Covid 19 virus.
To qualify your family must be Manchester residents or supported by the Homelessness Service. The criteria is:
- Children and young people who meet the criteria for free school meals
- Children and young people who are classed as an asylum seeker
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The contribution towards a lunchtime meal is £2.00 per day (£10 per week) for each school child or young person in the household.
Manchester City Council will be able to pay this money within a few days by the following methods
- A bank transfer into a nominated bank account
- A secure text message that can be used to access cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city
- A voucher that can be printed and can then be exchanged for cash from a range of Paypoint outlets in the city.